Modern, 4 Bedroom Vacation Rental on the Big Rideau Lake near Portland, Ontario Canada. Cottage available for fall hunting and fishing, winter snowmobiling and ice fishing, family Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years reunions, and next spring and summer.
Off Season – Sep 15, 2012 – Jun 16, 2013
$350/weeknight, $1600/week, $1000/weekend
Summer – Jun 16, 2013 – Sep 15, 2013
Portland, Ontario Rental Cottage: Click for more information, photos, videos and availability.
- Beautiful, modern 7-year-old waterfront house on the coveted Big Rideau Lake in Portland, Ontario.
- Sleeps 18! – 4 Bedrooms plus two pull-out couches and an external bunkhouse comfortably sleep up to 18 people altogether.
- Water views from 3 floors.
- Full house width deck overlooking lake.
- Large dock with room for boat/jet-ski etc.
- Furnished screened-in gazebo with lake view.
- Lake-shore firepit on the waterside.
- Modern kitchen with microwave, large fridge, dishwasher, coffeemaker, popcorn machine, blender, juicer, etc.
- Dining room with a view.
- Propane see-through fireplace.
- Fully air-conditioned.
- Washer and dryer.
- High-speed-wireless internet access and cable TV.
- Basement games room with 54-inch plasma screen and extensive dvd library. pool table, dartboard, beer fridge.
- Public boat launch nearby at Waterways Campground.
- By car: 10 minutes to Portland, 20 minutes to Westport. Grocery store, post office, bank, LCBO, restaurants, hardware, etc. all a short drive away.
- By boat: Portland 20 minutes, Westport 45 mins (must travel through Narrows Lock).
- Lots of parking.
Big Rideau Lake & Local Activities
Enjoy a luxury cottage full of amenities, and close to all of the water-sports and attractions that the Rideau Canal offers. Great fishing and swimming from the shore and dock will keep the kids happy on the hot summer days, and there’s a lot to enjoy inside the cottage as well. Rideau Houseboats which is 10 minutes away in Portland has jetskis that you can rent and Len’s Cove Marina has motorized boats for rent as well.
There are two restaurants that can be accessed by boat: the Galley in Portland-a 30 minute boat ride, and the Shipwreck at Rideau Ferry-a lovely 45-60 minute ride.
The Rideau Canal is recognized as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, and was rated #2 as an exceptional historic site destination by National Geographic.
The Rideau Lakes Region is a great place to explore. You can take advantage of the great fishing, boating, swimming, water-skiing, or lock through the historic canal system to the other attached lakes and towns. In the surrounding towns and cities there are also lots of activities, and events to participate in including, golf, historic tours, boat tours, shopping restaurants, parties, and lots more!
This cottage is conveniently located not far off of highway #15 at the halfway point between Toronto and Montreal, 40 minutes from the Canada/USA border, and only one hour and 10 minutes from Ottawa.